nutcase511 nutcase511 is offline
Member

Location: Elkhorn, WI

I love the taste of Dale's Seasoning, and have found a way to make a similar recipe without the MSG (because it's bad for you). I mix about 3 cups of Soy Sauce with 1/2 tsp of ginger, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp powdered garlic or one clove minced garlic, 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 tsp of "Liquid Smoke", a little bit of black pepper, and a tiny bit of Paprika. You can easily play with the amounts if you prefer the taste a different way.

I prefer to marinate the steaks by putting them into a Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer for around 2 to 3 hours in the fridge, or just soak them for about 4-6 hours in a Zip-Loc bag.

If you make steaks with these, my favorite way to make it is to...

Using beef:
Marinate in fridge
Preheat grill on high until the grate is hot (drop of water on the grate should boil) or if using a charcoal grill, place majority of charcoal on one side of the grill.
Place steaks above high heat until outside is seared (cooked until browned), flip and do the same to other side. Then place steaks over low heat and cook really slowly (this is why you put the majority of the charcoal on one side of the grill, so one side is "high" and the other is "low").
I like to drizzle meat with sauce every time I flip it, and flip it as little as possible.
If using venison (my favorite):
Same thing, but if there is fat on the piece, start with fat side down so the meat retains as much juice as possible.

Again, this is just how I do it. Let me know what you guys think, would love feedback and new ideas.

-Brandon