Cwdjrx _

Default TN: '61 Pape Clement with my '61 bro

I also found the 61 Ducru to be first class. The 62 Ducru, if very well
stored, is not far behind and often costs less. Others that I have
tasted within the last 5 years that were very good to outstanding
include. Gruaud-Larose, Leovlle-Barton, Palmer(but it costs more than
some of the 1'st growths), and La-Mission-Haut Brion(expensive).
Montrose, Grand-Puy-Lacoste, Beychevelle, Malescot-St.-Exupery, and
d'Issan were very good but they seemed more advanced than some of the
others and proper storage probably will be very important for these. Of
course good storage is all important for wines of this age. I once met
someone who had bought a poor bottle of the 1961 Latour, perhaps the
best red Bordeaux of 1961 and one of the top wines of the last century
when properly stored and not corked.

My mailbox is always full to avoid spam. To contact me, erase
from my email address. Then add . I do not
check this box every day, so post if you need a quick response.