Mark Lipton

Default TN: '61 Pape Clement with my '61 bro

Dale Williams wrote:

> As this is only the 3rd (I think) '61 I've tried, I'm not one to ask. Hopefully
> Bill Spohn or cwdjrx can chime in with suggestions. First-growths would be too
> expensive. The Ducru was excellent, and probably in your price range. I've
> heard the '61 Lynch-Bages is really good.

We opened a '61 Lynch-Bages for Jean's 40th, and it was easily one of
the finest wines of my life. It was also easily within the OP's price
range. FWIW, the only other '61 I've had (Cos) was not nearly so
impressive, though I wasn't nearly as experienced a taster when I tried it.

Mark Lipton