Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: T'giving comes early- CA, Champagne, Napa, Loire, Beaujolais

On Nov 11, 8:40*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Nov 10, 11:18*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
>
> > Bi!! wrote:
> > > Thanks for the notes. *I've been mulling my options and I'm trying for
> > > an all American line-up but I wanted to serve a Gewurtz and haven't
> > > found a domestic one that I'm partial to. *The closest I've found so
> > > far is the 2006 Kelham. *Any suggestions welcomed.

> > Coincidentally, tonight Jean opened a bottle of the '08 Navarro Dry
> > Gewurztraminer that we got along with that Indian River PN I posted on.
> > * It's very pleasant, dry with decent fruit and only a touch dilute.
> > Very light and with no bitterness that I often find in dry renditions of
> > Gewurz. *It comes from the Anderson Valley in Mendocino, where Lazy
> > Creek also does a nice version.

> > Mark Lipton

> Thanks Mark. *For what ever reason most of the domestic Gewurztraminer
> that I've tried has been a bit dilute and lacking the spice kick that
> I enjoy in the grape.

The Navarro would be my choice-but imho better options from Alsace.
I think I've also have Martinelli (hot) and Hook & Ladder (remember
nothing, not a great sign)
I've heard good things re some Oregon (Foris?) and WA gewurz, but
never tasted