Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Hello

On 11/11/2010 6:03 AM, Kathi Jones wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> George Shirley wrote:
>>

>>> I make waffles and pancakes pretty often for Miz Anne to have for a
>>> quick breakfast before she goes off to do battle with the heathens at her
>>> school. All this reminded me I had better get in gear, she ate the last
>>> waffle yesterday. I'm going to make ginger bread waffles, blueberry
>>> pancakes, and cinnamon pear pancakes. That should hold her until
>>> Christmas. The pear slices are some I put up last fall.

>> Wow. If Miz Anne ever leaves you, would you call me? (In 44 years I
>> don't recall DH ever cooking a meal. He does the grilling if I prep
>> everything ahead of time.)
>> ;-)
>>
>> gloria p

> ya, and those cinnamon pear pancakes sound pretty yummy!
>
> Kathi

Pretty simple to make Kathi, put cinnamon into any pancake batter then
lay a few slices of canned pear in the batter and cook as usual. I
generally pour the batter on my nearly fifty year old Toastmaster
counter top grill (waffle iron on one side of plates, flat plate on
other side) then add the drained pear slices. I don't try for pretty
patterns with the slices, usually just pinwheel them.