Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Tonight's dinner!

Janet > wrote:
: Pounded and sauteed chicken breasts, minced shallot and sliced baby bella
: mushrooms cooked in the pan after removing chicken, deglaze with Calvados,
: add chicken stock and heavy cream and reduce with Penzey's Sunny Paris spice
: mix, put chicken back in and simmer briefly. Brown rice (1/4 cup for me).
: Grilled asparagus. Salad of baby romaine, cucumber, and avocado. 2 glasses
: merlot.

Sounds good, all but the cream:-) I made a large quantity of lamb stew
with lots of big carrots, red peppers, shite turnips, onions, celery, big
can of chopped tomatoes , rosmary and thyme(by the way they were on TV
tonight:-). No wine, which I usually use, as with only one in the house
now, i didn't want to open a new bottle just for the stew.

I had quite a few psmall packages of the lamb, some boneless and some with
bones in teh freeze adn wantedto clear them out.

I am not at all used to this cooking for 1, so I will have to take up room
in the freezer with single portions of this lovely stew if i don't want to
have to eat the same thing all week! Syd alwasy loved anything with lamb
in it, soo he would be a big helpin finishing up my big pots of stew.
Maybe I should get rid of the big pots and only keep the smaller ones:-)
In that way I couldn't make so much at a time.

Wendy