Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Anyone have the "Lifetime Cookware"?(waterless)

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:50:48 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2010-11-08, sf > wrote:
>
> > Okay. What I'm talking about is discoloration, nothing is burned on.

> Learn to love it.
>
> I know of no trick to remove it. You can try this, but I make no
> promises, as I used it on chrome, which is NOT the same thing as
> highly polished SS.
>
> On my Harley, I used to get rid of crud and some of the bluing on the
> chrome exhaust pipes by running the bike till they were hot. Not max hot,
> but too hot to touch. I then sprayed with Simple Green and scrubbed
> with 00000 grade (super fine) steel wool. Like I said, chrome is much
> harder than polished SS, so not exactly the same thing. I've never
> done this on MY polished SS cookware, so proceed at your own risk.

It's sounding like it might be a better idea to use chrome polish on
it. It works for silver, so it might for stainless steel too... seems
like ss isn't really stainless either. Where did that term come from?

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.