Dimitri

Default Turkey Stuffing

"Puester" > wrote in message
> CM wrote:
> >
> > $1.00 and a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to this address
> >
> > P.O. box 5044
> > Phila. Pa. 19111
> >
> > will get you a delicious family (mine) turkey stuffing recipe.

> Here's one for free:
>
> 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm seasoned bread crumbs
> 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean hot sausage
> 1/4 c. butter
> 1/2 to 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
> 1 lge. onion, diced
> 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
> 1 or 2 sweet-tart apples, peeled and diced
> 1 cup pecans
> chicken broth
> Bell's seasoning or other poultry seasoning
> (My sister in law adds oysters to this but
> my family prefers it without. You could also
> add dried fruit--apricots, prunes, golden raisins,
> etc. which have been soaked to plump up.)
>
> Sauté sausage, drain and set aside.
> Melt butter (or use sausage fat if you prefer) in a skillet,
> sauté mushrooms, onion and celery till tender. Add apples,
> crumbs and pecans with enough broth to moisten. Add poultry
> seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Pack lightly into a
> greased casserole. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
>
> gloria p

More for free

Dimitri

Cornbread.
1/4 c. chopped onions
1/4 c. butter
6 c. soft bread crumbs
1 1/2 tbsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 c. boiling water
1 tsp. salt
Optional, 1 c. chopped cooked chestnuts

Brown onions in butter. Add bread crumbs, salt and poultry seasoning. Add
a few grains of black pepper. Add water and mix well. Will stuff a 5 pound
chicken.

Oyster

3/4 c. chopped onion
1 1/2 c. chopped celery
2 tbsp. butter/margarine
9 c. dry bread cubes or Pepperidge
Farms
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. crushed sage leaves
1 tsp. thyme leaves
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. chopped parsley
2 (8 oz.) cans standard oysters,
chopped
2 eggs
1 3/4 c. oyster liquid and milk

In large pan, melt butter or margarine. Cook and stir onion and celery
until tender but not brown. Add bread cubes, seasonings and mix. Stir in
chopped oysters. Beat eggs into oyster liquid and milk. Add liquid
gradually and toss lightly to evenly coat. Makes enough stuffing for a
12-14 pound turkey.