Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ema Nymton Ema Nymton is offline

Default 50 Sandwiches to Eat before you Die

On 10/25/2010 1:28 PM, ravenlynne wrote:
> On 10/25/2010 2:00 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:

>> From what I can tell, I have tried about 23 of them. They missed a few
>> of my favorites, the Italian sandwich, the hot Italian beef sandwich and
>> the Cuban sandwich. Did they have grilled cheese on there?
>>
>> You are right about the muffaletta, that pic was not right. I had one
>> about 10 days ago.
>>
>> Becca

> A real muffelata is a wonderful thing. I didn't see grilled cheese or
> the other ones you mentioned, though I'm unclear of your definition of
> italian sandwich. The hard, almost inedible roll with a paper thin
> slice of proscuitto like you find most of the time in italy? There
> was a caprese.

The Italian sandwich I'm thinking of, is a hoagie (submarine sandwich)
made on crusty bread. It has provolone, prosciutto, capicola, peppered
ham, Genoa salami, peppers, onions, tomatoes, black olives, olive oil &
vinegar, oregano. I am probably forgetting something, but just thinking
about it makes my mouth water. I have made them at home, using whatever
meats I can find here in the south, and I used Italian dressing. I
discovered that Publix supermarket makes a good Italian sandwich. I
bought one and took it to the beach in Florida.

Becca