Posted to rec.food.cooking
JL[_3_] JL[_3_] is offline

Default Canned vienna sausages

ravenlynne wrote:

> At least, for the most part, one knows what are in deviled eggs. Not the
> same with the sausages.

Its quite well documented. Most people don't want to think about what
they know of such inexpensive meat food products that are so
inexpensively made, are made of.

And under what conditions and what is legally considered sanitary.

And then often as not while their are dining on the animal flesh they
are in denial about. Even free range, organic animal flesh is still
animal flesh with all its inherent impurities. Some people live on the
bugs Americans are reluctant to eat cooked versions there of mixed in
with their meat food products.

Though even i have not quite yet got around to boiling up some of the
hugh, dried larve/maggots/slugs they sell in our local Chinatown. And
don't even get me started on sharks fins or birds nests and i recently
read that ortolan's are an endangered species!. But that may be only
the Egyptian ortolan's?

I was walking through an upscale food market the other day and was
almost overwhelmed just marveling at the superfluous abundance, the
extraordinary luxury of abundance, displayed there with artistic and
seductive finesse and it occurred to me this has got to change, it cant
last, and that, if not for serious economic reasons that are forced on
us but perhaps even more importantly for some serious cultural
reevaluation of our culture of entitlement and extravagance.

Would you rather eat a factory made pigs ear or starve?

Throughout history the starving masses have been a potent force.

The weapons and methods for controlling the masses have increased
dramatically, and the masses, starving or otherwise, ability to
influence that control is daily decreasing.

I sometimes think the modern world is such a mess it should be subject
to some cataclysm. man made or otherwise, that sends it back to the
stone age or at least pre industrial and agrarian. So its very existence
can no longer threaten life itself.

Though im afraid in reality its the oblivion express and going too fast
for anybody to get off of, The weapons of mass destruction would probly
survive modern civilizations demise. And then one would have feudal war
lords instead of modern military industrial war lords, gathered in their
passes just like witches at black masses

--

Mr. Joseph Paul Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.

Let the games begin!