Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Recipe - Seems the season for apple cakes

Barb wrote:

> And here's mine -- I've made it for more than 40 years.
>
> Raw Apple Cake
> Recipe By: posted to r.f.cooking by Barb Schaller, 10-22-2010
>
> Serving Size: 6-8
>

> 2 cups diced unpeeled apple
> 1 egg
> 1/4 cup vegetable oil
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1 cup flour
> 1 teaspoon soda
> 1 teaspoon cinnamon
> 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
> 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
>
> Mix together apple, egg, oil, sugar and vanilla. Sift remaining dry
> ingredients together and add, along with nuts. Just mix it up. Batter
> is very stiff. Press into greased and floured 9² round baking pan.
> Bake 35-45 minutes at 350°.
>
> While still warm, glaze with a mixture of butter, powdered sugar, and
> milk.
>
> (I like Boron's recipe with the orange zest - I may add that to my mix
> when I bake it today.)

When I get back to California I plan to make a caramel apple coffee cake
using a recipe cobbled together from two other recipes. I don't have the
recipe with me; I'll post it some time next week.

I'll also be making apple fritters using Martha Stewart's recipe.

Bob