Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default I just learned a great cooking trick

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> don't go through all of that just fork it several times with a large meat
> fork, I do five minutes on a side turning one quarter of the squash then
> five more until complete, Lee

Thanks Lee.

I usually cut it in half, scoop out all the seeds, then put the two sides
together again, wrap the whole thing in foil, then bake it for an hour, or
till it is tender to the touch.

Then I let it cool down, then scrape out all the stringy squash from inside
the shells and reserve it. Toss out the shells.

Melt some butter in a fry pan, toss in a chopped onion and saute' it till it
is soft. Then add the squash strings, add salt and pepper to taste, and
saute' it with the onions till the flavors meld.

It is incredibly delicious this way, has a lovely texture, and my husband
loves it.

I am hoping to cut out the oven step, by nuking it first.

--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

In the stony fastness of the mountains there is a strange market, where one
may barter the vortex of life for boundless bliss. - Milarepa