Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default Campbell's cream of tomato soup

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 10:47:04 -0700, Kent wrote:
>>>

>> Have you tried Better than Bouillon?
>> http://www.seasonedwithlove.com/chickenbouillon.jpg We think this is
>> better
>> than any canned or boxed product we've tried. I frequently use it simply
>> enrich a stock or soup. In small quantities you don't know it's there.
>> The
>> chicken Better than Bouillon product is uniquely better than their other
>> similar products..
>>
>> Kent

> i haven't tried the chicken, but i use the beef version in some dishes
> like
> pot roast or stew.
>
> how is the chicken 'uniquely better'?
>
> your pal,
> blake

The Chicken "Better Than Bouillon" tastes like chicken stock, without too
much salt. Almost all bouillons in the food universe don't taste like the
label on the bottle suggests it might. This is particularly true of any beef
bouillon or stock, in a can, jar, or envelope. The expense of extracting
beef flavor from the cow is too much for the market to bear. Chicken, on the
other hand, is fairly cheap, and a company can make a decent condensed
chicken stock. The "Better Than...Chicken.." has been our favorite for some
time. You have to shop for the larger containers of the chicken flavor. If
you buy randomly you'll spend too much. It's kind of like shopping foir A-1
Sauce at a decent price.

Kent