Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Decorative purposes only

> Speaking of decorations, driving around this morning I was surprised
> to see many people are going all out with the fall/Halloween displays
> this year. *Maybe Christmas will be brighter, literally ... a couple of
> years now it's been subdued. *
>
> nancy

I haven't noticed any lessening of Christmas displays or Halloween -
actually, every year they seem more over-the-top. It's nothing like
the "energy crisis" of the 70s, when Chicago, etc., had no Christmas
lights or displays downtown, and it was patriotic not to put up
Christmas lights.

Apparently the amount spent on decorations = first is Christmas, and
second is Halloween. There are more and more H'ween display items
offered for sale every year.

N.