Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally[_2_] Kate Connally[_2_] is offline

Default my new favorite beverage - pineapple ginger ale

I have often made something like this in the past.
I buy some sort of canned fruit for whatever use at
the moment. I only need the fruit so I save the juice
and I put some in my ginger ale. It is delicious. I
usually do this with canned pineapple juice or mandarin
orange juice, but it would be good with just about any
fruit juice left over from canned fruits. Preferably
the ones canned in their own juice, not the ones canned
in syrup.

So, the other day I needed pineapple and saved the juice to
mixed with my ginger ale. It was so good I thought why don't
I do this all the time. But since I rarely buy canned fruit
I'll just buy pineapple juice.

I found some Dole in the refrigerator section with the
orange juice, etc. I got a half gallon carton. I've been
drinking this combo all week. It is SO good!!!!

I use about 6 oz. pineapple to 12 oz. ginger ale, but I don't
really measure, I just eyeball it. I like Seagram's the best
of the regular ginger ales. But I also tried it with Vernor's.
It was good but the pineapple taste was lost in the strong
Vernor's. Anyway, you need a nice fizzy ginger ale like
Seagram's or Schweppes. Canada dry tends to be too flat
to work well.

Kate

--
Kate Connally