Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee
Miles Bader Miles Bader is offline

Default Starbucks tells baristas to slow down

"alan" > writes:
>> (Wall Street Journal) - Starbucks Corp. is telling its harried
>> baristas to slow down €” which may result in longer lines.
>> (snip)

> Maybe I've just been spoiled by my experience with more traditional
> coffee houses in the SF Bay area, but every time I've been to
> Starbucks I've been amazed at how long it takes it takes the baristas
> to come up with a simple cappuccino --- it's like it's the first day
> on the job for everyone behind the counter. I think they just lack
> experience and are never able to get into an efficient rhythm. To
> have them slow down any more is going to make for very edgy customers
> . . .

No doubt sbux in general have much more inexperienced and lower-grade
"baristas" (ugh what a cloying term) than smaller shops, but that may
well be exactly what's prompting this change -- they want to stop their
slide downscale.

It'll cause some shakeup amongst the "wait in a long line for my morning
XXX" crowd, that's for sure, but maybe that's considered an acceptable
price...

-miles

--
`To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to,
all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson