Posted to rec.food.cooking
news news is offline

Default Empty Champagne or wine bottle as oil bottle and vented pourer

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message

> Now, I want to put other oil the same way not necessarily with
> Champagne bottle. it can be wine bottle as long as the shape is nice
> and it can hold ample volume.
>
> I now have two wine bottles I got from someone. One is black color
> and one is green. Green one is a little less opaque. I don't really
> like the shape of these two much. So, I am thinking how to go about
> getting those. I had called a restaurant in the neighborhood. he told
> me to call back on Monday at 3PM.

> I just called a restaurant at a hotel not too far and he was like
> "call back at 5PM today, we go through the bottles a lot." Yay.
> Wondering anyone does the same?

You mean call restaurants and hotels and ask them for discarded wine
bottles? Hahhaha, no. Imagine how the restaurant staff laughed at you after
they hung up the phone!

You might go into an actual wine shop and buy a bottle that strikes your
fancy, or scour the neighborhood the night before recycling day and look in
your neighbors bins.