Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Janet Janet is offline

Default Craving fruit

W. Baker wrote:
> I believe tht Alan has a piece on one of his blogs about good lancing
> and testing technique. I have been teting for some 14 years now and
> have never had a really sore finger or an infection(knock on wood:-)
> I have changed the lancet qite a few times in that period:-)
>
> Wendy

When I started testing, I actually stabbed myself a few times quite
painfully in bad places--when changing the lancet! I yanked off the little
cap too abruptly and the rebound got me in a finger joint. I have learned
that easy does it. (I confess that when those little cups of coffee creamer
with tear off tops first appeared, I managed to spray myself with creamer
while trying to open them! Despite being such a klutz at times, I actually
do have quite good facility for detailed hand work, believe it or not. <G>)