Mathew Kagis

Default Stelvin

"Ron Lel" > wrote in message
> A couple of months ago I posted a question regarding my dislike of Stelvin
> seals. As a matter of interest, a recently purchased case of riesling,
> bottled with stelin seals has had two bottles leaking from the seal in my
> cellar. Perhaps some of you might reconsider your opinion on cork seals

now?

> Ron Lel
>
> I think stevlin seals, crown caps & Screw tops are the future of the wine

industry. There are several producers I can think of who will probably
never switch.... I can't see Le Pin or Petruse...or Muton for that matter,
moving away from the tradition of cork sealed bottles. Although, I will be
saddened the day I look @ the wine cellar @ work & tell the staff to retire
their corkscrews.... A little bit of the romance of wine will be lost. But,
if we loose TCA at the same time... it's a reasonable trade.

Cheers
Mathew