Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Boneless Butterball turkey rolls

Roy wrote:
>Brooklyn1 wrote:
>> >
>> >Thank you so much...how in Hell I missed that is beyond me.

>> Alzheimer...

>==
>Thanks Brooky, so far, so good. Alzheimer's symptoms can appear at any
>time...it is an insidious disease. I have seen people with it and it
>so sad to see their lives slowly destroyed and the distress of family
>members as their loved ones deteriorate.

Forestall by keeping the mind active, crossword puzzels help,
newsgroups are excellent mental stimulation. My ex MIL went down hill
fast, she went from having a very active life owning her own business
to just sitting in a chair rocking and moaning, couldn't even get her
to watch tv. Her doctors said she would have had a far better quality
of life and could have lived 20 more years had she not given up. There
are so many folks today in their 50s-60s who absolutely refuse to
learn even the very basics of using a PC... and hasn't to do with lack
of money, the library in town has a whole slew of computers anyone
with a library card can use for free, they even have free computer
classes... public schools the same, sr centers too. And today PCs are
dirt cheap, and anyone with a phone can use dial up at no extra
charge. I have friends I worked with, went to school with, served in
the military with, only one old shipmate has a PC, can't convince the
rest. It's very difficult to keep in touch over distance today in any
meaningful way without logging on... most times when I phone no one
answers and they don't have voice mail nor do they bother to check
answering machines, they don't even turn them on. When folks give up
it's very sad... we don't hear about those because they have regressed
so deeply into the shadows but there are a lot. A person can only
reach out so much and then has to give up too.