Posted to rec.food.cooking
zydecogary zydecogary is offline

Default absinthe for cooking

If you like that taste you might want to consider Mexican Xtabentun.

Read about it at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xtabent%C3%BAn_(liqueur)

I first discovered it when in Cozumel Mexico earlier this year where I
purchased a liter for $13. Just last week I purchased another bottle
when on a cruise to Costa Maya for $10. It is made from honey and
anise.

I've been using it in place of Pernod, Sambuca, Ouzo, etc.

Known as an ingredient in Mayan Coffee it can also be used for other
things including cooking (great with fish.)

You might even try it with water (like you might with Pernod, for
example) 1 to 4 with water and ice (as a start.)

GARY HAYMAN
http://bit.ly/GarysInfo