Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Food that requires no heating or refrigeration

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> On 9/25/2010 11:52 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Alan > wrote in message
>>> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 04:04:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> PS Many of the American hotels I stayed at would put a small fridge in
>>> the room for an additional fee. It is also worth calling the hotels
>>> using the web-site contact numbers and asking whether they have some
>>> rooms with kitchenette facilities and trying to have one of those
>>> rooms allocated to you.

>> I don't mind paying a fee. I just find it odd that I don't see that
>> listed
>> as an amenity. But then again, when we travel we tend not to stay at the
>> expensive hotels and instead stay at more mid-priced motels.
>>

> it doesn't matter what 'price range' you are motel/hotelling it at
>
> if you ask for a kitchenette, you will get exactly that

Most hotels do not have kitchenettes. Not in this country anyway. The ones
that do are usually the extended stay places. We do not have a choice of
where we will be staying. We will have to stay where the conventions are.

> i have asked for 'sleeping accomodation only' and, due to lack of rooms,
> we have got a kitchenette for the same price as what we wanted/needed at
> the time
>
> i have always asked for, and received, for NO additional charge, a
> mini-fridge in my hotel suite

I have not. In some cases there was an additional charge. There were a few
that did not have them available at all. When we first moved to CA, we
stayed at a place only because they allowed pets and had a restaurant. But
they had no fridges whatever. It was a hotel. I had to make do with the
ice bucket. We had packed so much stuff with us, including Angela's
bassinette and stuff for the cat, there was no room for a cooler except for
the soft sides ones I had. They're fine for blue ice but not for ice from
the machine.