Emery Davis

Default Sacramental Wine

On Mon, 10 May 2004 02:01:04 GMT, "Tom S" > said:

]
] "Ian Hoare" > wrote in message
] ...
] > >Blasphemy requires deliberate intent to blaspheme, which is a very high
] > >standard to obtain.
] >
] > Does it? I didn't know that. I wonder if that's the same everywhere.
]
] Heh. Probably not in Moslem countries. Just look what they tried to do to
] Salman Rushdie for merely writing a novel!
]

Can't speak for any religion, but Rushdie certainly would have known that
there was blasphemy in "Satanic Verses." As an educated writer, he certainly
would have read the Koran, and no more is necessary. (I think to the careful
reader of any of his novels, his islamic education is evident enough.)

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to