Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Food that requires no heating or refrigeration

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>i can actually contribute here, my friends always come to our room when we
>travel or attend conventions, i carry a travelling kitchen, makes for
>another suitcase but i refuse to be held hostage in a hotel.
> -i have an electric skillet, cleans easy will do whatever you need to
> heat, even soup or chicken nuggets. if you precook pizza you can have you
> can reheat it gently in the skillet as well. also pita/wraps heat well in
> it,
> -frig's in hotels are there, often for an adittional small charge, but if
> it is for a medical reason like your meds they will often waive the fee,
> just make sure to ask well indvance so one is available.
> -don't forget the canopener.
> -when you are packing the cooler take the food you think you will need,
> and if there is room left over either fill with extra blue ice, or put in
> some canned items around the outside to insulate.
> -you might if you choose the el. skillet route try out a few things in
> advance to see how long/well they cook.
> -see if there are any shelf stable meals that both of you can eat, then
> heat in skillet, if you don't use them you can use at a regular lesson in
> the nuker.
> -also when you are calling about the frig, ask about the nuker, tell them
> you have dietary restrictions and need one for health reasons, if they do
> have them you will get moved up the list.

I don't have an electric skillet but will see if I can get a small one. As
for shelf stable meals we could heat in a skillet, I don't think there are
any. Not really much in the way of soups either. But I will. As for the
gluten free pasta, it doesn't really reheat well. Just sort of breaks into
mush.