Vino

Default Sacramental Wine

On Sun, 09 May 2004 15:53:45 GMT, "Tom S" >
wrote:

>Blasphemy requires deliberate intent to blaspheme, which is a very high
>standard to obtain. I doubt that the average parish priest is at all aware
>of the European sensitivity about use of their place names in such fashion,
>so this doesn't count as blasphemy. Those who are (aware) probably consider
>it a very venial matter indeed, and not at all relevant to whether wine
>thusly labeled should be consecrated. The overriding consideration is
>whether the wine in question _tastes_ good enough to be worthy of
>consecration.

Reminds me of a comment made by an Episcopal priest regarding the
bread often served with the wine: "I never had any trouble believing
that it was the body of Christ. I just had trouble believing it was
bread".

Vino
To reply, add "x" between
letters and numbers of