Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Old Yixing teapots on Ebay

kyleshen > wrote:
>All the "vintage" Yixings from 5000friend are modern fakes. I have been
>an active Yixing collector for 20 years.

Are they fakes (made of earthenware) or just modern Yixing pots?

I am pretty sure the the vast majority of "vintage" Yixing pots sold are
in fact modern. That's fine as long as you don't expect you're getting
something old and rare and are buying it as a thing to drink tea from.

However, if it's a fake that isn't made from zishou (and there are a lot
of those out there), it won't be the same for drinking tea from.
--scott