Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roy[_2_] Roy[_2_] is offline

Default Chuck Roast

On Sep 16, 1:23*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >, Brooklyn1
> wrote:
>
> > Roy wrote:

> > >As I read this, a 1.11 kg pot roast is being
> > >roasted in a covered casserole dish in my oven.
> > >I didn't brown it first and I added water to keep it from
> > >burning. It is not being sauteed or boiled or stewed or
> > >casseroled...it is being roasted.

> > Nope, it's being stewed... like you.

> Actually, I'd call that braising, but that's just me!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> *Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or
> * * * no influence on society. -- Mark Twain

==
For the last half hour I removed the cover and browned the roast and
there was just enough fluid left for unthickened gravy to cover the
boiled new potatoes. I have so many tomatoes this year that sliced
tomato was the only vegetable used this time. The beef was tender and
flavorful, everything was perfect.
==