Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default results of grassfed roast experiment

"Ellen K." > wrote in message
news

> "Nicky" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:57:41 -0700, "Ellen K."
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>The only restrictions
>>>are that the milk is not allowed to become hotter than 113 F

>> Why that precise figure, Ellen, do you know?
>>
>> Nicky (intrigued...)

> I'm not sure exactly about the temperature of the liquid itself,
> however it might be related to the more general rule that in order to
> put a cooked solid food on a hot surface in order to warm (but not
> further cook) it on the sabbath, the hot surface has to be a
> temperature where a normal person can comfortably rest their hand. So
> I would guess maybe it has been determined that somewhere around 45 C
> is the highest temperature where a normal person can comfortably rest
> their hand.

I remember our Anglican minister from 20 odd years ago. It was ok for
essential services staff to wok on the Sabbath but no one else. He was
very strict on not buying anything from a store on a Sunday because the
store shouldn't even be open. I am afraid I bought Sunday papers, milk
and bread and fuel if necessary and gasp! I cooked on Sundays ... I
don't heed man made rules personally (not of that nature anyway). To me
my "faith" is the most important thing, not the "rules", the threats of
a hell or a need to jump through xyz hoops to get into "heaven". I
believe it was the late Chuck who said I was a fundamentalist, I have no
idea what that means