Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Slow service ? at Starbucks? Imagine that.

On 15/09/2010 2:45 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> On 9/15/2010 12:22 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:53:10 -0500, Michel Boucher
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> When I worked for Information Canada, we collected (public)
>>> information to
>>> create access files for the public and the press with names of high
>>> ranking
>>> officials in both federal and provincial governments. It was my job then
>>> (1975ish) to update the lists from time to time as the Canadian Almanach
>>> was always two years behind. I noticed that as I called from east to
>>> west,
>>> I encountered more resistance and people were less cooperative until
>>> it got
>>> to Alberta and that was the lowest in terms of cooperation. BC was fine
>>> however.

>> Alberta probably didn't take kindly to Quebec's rabble rousing at the
>> time with all that silly talk about succeeding from Canada.
>>

> I have quite a few Canadian friends who say that they wish Quebec would
> secede.

They keep threatening to go. They have had several referendums. They are
getting far too much federal money. The curious thing is that they
don't really want to go. They are talking about some sort of sovereignty
association, as if they can secede and still control the rest of the
country. The rest of us figure that if they go, they go, and perhaps the
rest of us should have a referendum to decide if we will let them stay.