Posted to rec.food.cooking
Aussie Aussie is offline

Default Chuck Roast

Melba's Jammin' > wrote in news:barbschaller-
:

(allen brownstein) wrote:

>> Hi Folks, Going to make a Chuck Roast approximate 5lbs, what is the best
>> way to cook it, oven or up top on the range
>> Thanks for your replys

> I've never had much success/luck braising on top of the stove. I always
> do mine in the oven, covered, at about 300-325 deg. F. I have a couple
> sisters who do theirs on top of the stove. <shrugs> You pays your
> money, you takes your choice.

You obviously don't have a decent pot/saucepan..... or you have a crappy
stove top.

BTW, if you did your 'braise' in the oven, it wouldn't be a braise, it would
be a casserole.

Please adjust your terminology accordingly.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

The act of feeding someone is an act of beauty,
whether it's a full Sunday roast or a jam sandwich,
but only when done with love.