Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Slow service ? at Starbucks? Imagine that.

Michel Boucher wrote:
> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>
>> Interesting - Dunkin Donuts openly claims that their coffee is their
>> showcase product. Their founder was quite fussy about every detail of
>> their coffee and its quality.

> Oddly enough, it is the one coffee from a doughnut place that I found
> tasted like dishwater the one time I bought one.

There's no reason for any one person to agree with product surveys. Or
maybe you tried them at ones that should have failed their remedial
coffee machine operation classes. Only once? About equal chances it
was a fluke or your tastes are different from most. I know my tastes
are different from most - I like darker stronger bolder more burned and
more bitter coffee than most.

> Tim's doughnuts have been found (in an exhaustive analysis posed on Radio-
> Canada and referred to here in the past) to have less crappy ingredients
> than either Donkey Donuts or Krusty Kreme.
>
> Mind you, doughnuts are still 50% fat, 40% flour and 10% protein.

Chortle. I'm not all that sure that Krappy Kreme donuts have any
protein. I'm wheat intolerant and they are the only donut brand I've
tried that don't give me symptoms (except breaking out in fat). I
figure they must use some sort of ultrarefined flour that has all of the
nutrients refined out, especially the protein.

There's something seriously wrong with any donut that fails to give me
indigestion and an assortment of other symptoms. That bit comes with
both a smiley :-) and a frowny :-( at the same time. There's some sort
of irony to the fact that the only donuts this foodie can eat are the
ones from Krappy Kreme.