Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default Slow service ? at Starbucks? Imagine that.

Doug Freyburger > wrote in news:i6o5jr$n6h$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Michel Boucher wrote:
>> Doug Freyburger > wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think they are in competition because Tim Horton's showcase
>>> product is there donuts with coffee as the secondary product.

>> Not in Canada. Tim's coffee is the drug of choice of the military in
>> Afghanistan, so much so that DND engineered a Tim's outlet at KAF:

> Interesting - Dunkin Donuts openly claims that their coffee is their
> showcase product. Their founder was quite fussy about every detail of
> their coffee and its quality.

Oddly enough, it is the one coffee from a doughnut place that I found
tasted like dishwater the one time I bought one.

> the Tim
> Horton ones smelled better than the Dunkin Donuts one and my wife
> reported their flavor tracked their aroma.

Tim's doughnuts have been found (in an exhaustive analysis posed on Radio-
Canada and referred to here in the past) to have less crappy ingredients
than either Donkey Donuts or Krusty Kreme.

Mind you, doughnuts are still 50% fat, 40% flour and 10% protein.

--

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag
and carrying a cross.

Sinclair Lewis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrYMafCzeE