Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Good eats

Just took a loaf of bread out of the freezer last night. Baked in the
machine about two weeks ago. This one is made with peanut butter. Was
craving something sweet so toasted an end slice, slathered it with
homemade raspberry fig jam and ate it. The peanut butter flavor came
through nicely with the raspberry fig flavor on the top note. This one
is going to be a winner.

The raspberry fig jam is made with No Sugar added raspberry flavor Jello
and crushed figs. I've also made cherry fig jam using the Jello and,
next year, if we get figs, will make black cherry fig jam. Recipe is an
old one from a 1964 Texas Extension Service pamphlet. Anyone wants the
recipe to either the bread or the jam drop me an off group email or I
will post it here if there is enough demand.

George, hoping for rain