Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ellen K. Ellen K. is offline

Default Ellen's breakfast vis-?-vis morning readings

Janet,

I believe you have misunderstood me.

1. I have a rov.

2. I asked a shaila.

3. The shaila was not whether I have to eat bread.

4. The shaila was, given my diabetes, what is the minimum quantity of bread
I could eat and still be able to wash with the blessing and say the full
grace after meals.

5. The answer was that I can eat the amount the Ashkenazim consider a
kezayis, which is far less than what is considered a kezayis by the shita I
follow, and pursuant to the Magen Avraham the other food can be considered
to be aggregated to it to make up a beitzah.

6. If it would turn out that I can't even tolerate that amount, I do not
have to eat bread at all, however then I cannot wash with the blessing or
say the full grace after meals.

7. Ergo, my rov is not telling me to endanger my health.

Thank you,

Ellen