Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Ellen's breakfast vis-?-vis morning readings

Ellen K. > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Ellen K. > wrote:
: >
: > : > Then try 1/2 slice of rye bread or equivalent carbs in rye crackers
: > plus
: > : > the fat/protein and see what happens.
: >
: > : Just want to be sure I understand what you're suggesting, add
: > approximately
: > : 10 g grain-based carbs to the green veggie & cheese?
: >
: > a single Wasa cracker, weither fiber or light is about 6 grams net carbs.
: > some of the others are heavier in weight so higher in carbs and calories.
: > Also check out ryevita.
: >
: > Wendy

: I think I will be better off using the rye matzo, not least because now if
: it works I will have a use for all the halves left over from the Shabbos
: meals. (The psak I got was to eat the Ashkenazi version of a kezayis, which
: is half a machine matzo, and consider the other food in the meal to be
: aggregated with it to get up to the amount needed to be able to wash with a
: brocho and bentsh afterwards. Sephardim and Lubavitch hold a kezayis is a
: whole machine matzo.) Another reason is that it doesn't set off further
: carb cravings.