Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ellen K. Ellen K. is offline

Default chuck eye roast vs minute roast?

Thanks very much for the new year greeting and same to you.

How I used to make brisket was:

Put a large piece of heavy duty tinfoil in the pan.
Slice some onions very thin and put some of them on the tinfoil.
Salt the meat on both sides, and put it fat side up on top of the onions.
Put the rest of the onions on top.
Cover and refrigerate at least an hour.
Uncover and put about a cup of water in the pan.
Brown about 20 minutes at 450-500 depending on the oven.
Turn the meat over (using the tinfoil) and brown another 20 minutes.
Turn the oven down to 325, turn the meat over again, make sure there are
lots of onions on top, add more water, cover, and cook 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Does this help with the answer?