Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Wanted: A French Toast Recipe Please.

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > (e-mail from gene) wrote:
> >
> >> I've tried and tried to make great tasting French Toast.

> > Mix some orange juice into the egg mixture. Serve with marmalade.
> >
> > --
> > Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

> Ah yes! I posted a recipe 10 years ago that called for orange juice mixed
> with the egg. And use sliced french bread or thick sliced "Texas toast".
>
> Jill

I like a regular slice; and I soak my bread in it a bit rather than just
giving it a quick dip in the egg-milk-or-juice blend. I like a custardy
texture to the final product.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella