Posted to rec.food.cooking
critters & me in azusa, ca critters & me in azusa, ca is offline

Default Off and on topic (your were warned)

On Aug 26, 7:36*pm, Cindy Fuller >
wrote:
> Our beloved Phoebe died last night, two weeks shy of her 17th birthday. *
> She had been in failing health for some time, but she suddenly got very
> short of breath at dinner time. *We dropped everything and drove her to
> the vet. *She died en route.
>
> Phoebe was known as The Tsarina. *We chose to get a Russian Blue kitten
> because we'd heard that they were less likely to aggravate cat
> allergies. *From the get go, Phoebe took charge. *She kept the SO
> company during all night coding sessions in the office. *One of the
> saddest days of her life was when he got a flat screen monitor. *
>
> Probably the most unique feature of Phoebe was her intelligence. *When
> she was a kitten, SO saw a paperback in the grocery store checkout line
> titled, "You CAN Train Your Cat." *He took it upon himself to teach her
> tricks. *Phoebe would come when called, sit, stand up, shake hands (and
> various permutations including high five and who's your daddy), lie
> down, and jump--especially when the treat was Gerber baby veal. *If
> there is an afterlife, Phoebe is reunited with her brothers who preceded
> her and all three of them are gorging on Gerber baby veal and salmon.
>
> We may go out and celebrate her life tomorrow night, perhaps with some
> veal Marsala.
>
> Cindy
>
> --
> C.J. Fuller
>
> Delete the obvious to email me

condolences from the critters on your loss. (phatty tabby catty, the
20 lb +/- maine coon; miss tabby ann (aka crazy girl) formerly feral
tabby; and handsome harley whose age is between 8 -12 depending on
who's counting, who is a corgi/yellow lab mix.