Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default The scandal of $50k culinary degrees

On 2010-08-24, Dan Abel > wrote:

> bulk. You have to go to a machine that charges you 10% to get rid of
> them!

Uh, no... you don't.

You can roll them up yourself and take them to your bank. I got tired
of paying coinstar, specially since seeing the very first machine at
3% and then watching them climb up to 10%. Screw that. I takes me
about 2 hours to roll up $70-80 in random change while watching tv.
This sorting by hand and hand loading into a dirt cheap counting
thingie and adding a paper wrap the bank hands out free. Not exactly
rocket science or even remotely a chore. Plus, save $7-8 I would have
lost if I jes sat there twiddling my thumbs. Hey, that's a sixer of
good beer!

nb