Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Recipe: coffee flavored pancakes

Billy replied:

>>> ==
>>> What's next...garlic or oregano pancakes? Seems to me that you are
>>> stretching things a bit in order to gain attention.
>>> ==

>> Why criticize? If he tried it and liked, that's fine with me. I don't
>> think it sounds like such a bad idea, truth be told.

> Funny how new dishes are created....we try something different...an
> interpertation of an old taste.
>
> I personally add my maple syrup to the batter before cooking on the
> griddle. I love the flavor that is "inside" the pancakes.

I don't think that pancakes require maple syrup in particular. I'll often
use one of the many jams, jellies, or preserves we've got in the pantry to
flavor individual pancakes. That way they're not all exactly the same boring
thing.

Doesn't surprise me that you want yours to all be exactly alike. You find
comfort in redundancy. "<vbg>"

Hey, have you figured out your Thanksgiving menu yet? Here's what I think
you'll make "<vbg>":

Butternut Squash Soup
Roast Turkey
Cranberry Slaw
Maple & Tarragon Sweet Potatoes
Corn Soufflé
Mashed Potatoes
Roasted Vegetables with Pine Nut Pesto
Old Fashioned Potato Bread Stuffing
Pumpkin Roll
Pecan Pie

Probably got your Christmas menu all figured out too, and it looks like:

Butternut Squash Soup
Roast Turkey
Cranberry Slaw
Maple & Tarragon Sweet Potatoes