Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The scandal of $50k culinary degrees

"brooklyn1" > wrote

> Seems each state has different requirements. CA appears to be more
> stringent than others, they don't even recognize reciprocity. Seems
> very political to me to make becoming a hair dresser so costly.
>
> I know that in NY one can enrol in a cosmotology school but many of
> the larger salons are licenced to train, and they will aid in
> obtaining ones license.

There was a battle here in CT between hairdressers and barbers since the
requirements are vastly different even though much of what they do is the
same.

I know a lady that was a hairdresser in MA and had her own shop for 10+
years. Very successful. She moved to Florida and had to pass their test.
She failed twice.