Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peppermint Patootie Peppermint Patootie is offline

Default foodies on special diets

In article 0>,
Wayne Boatwright > wrote:

> Yes, exactly. My doctor feels that almost all diabetics should have
> some amount of carbohydrates. A total lack of carbohydrates produces
> a state of ketosis, which can in many individuals be quite dangerous.

Actually, that's not true. Ketosis is not dangerous. Ketoacidosis can
be quite dangerous. It's caused by high BG in an absence of insulin.
Ketosis is just a state when you're burning fat instead of glucose.

If I found my endo didn't know the difference, I'd start looking
elsewhere for care. It's pretty basic.

PP