Posted to rec.food.cooking
critters & me in azusa, ca critters & me in azusa, ca is offline

Default The scandal of $50k culinary degrees

On Aug 20, 7:14*pm, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 01:04:49 GMT, notbob > wrote:
> >On 2010-08-21, Ema Nymton > wrote:

> >> It is just like landscape design or hairstyling.......

> >On what planet can you get a hairstyling license without schooling?

> >nb

> In the US one can get a cosmotologist/hairdresser license by being
> sponsored by a shop owner, passing a simple test, *and paying the fee.
> It's more difficult to get a motor vehical operator's license. *I

not here in california. cosmetology students need 1500 hours of of
combined classroom and apprentice work at the school of choice, then
take a state cosmetology licensing exam.

harriet & critters