Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Goodman Dan Goodman is offline

Default The scandal of $50k culinary degrees

Nancy Young wrote:

> Dan Goodman wrote:
> > Mr. Bill wrote:

> > > No...that wasn't my point. There isn't a "football school" to
> > > attend....you don't get a degree in "football". You have
> > > the talent before hand. A talent in any profession will not
> > > become better just because you have attended "Blah Blah
> > > University".

> > Talent won't, but skill might. And sometimes it might be the
> > right kind of skill. (There are people who seriously contend
> > that an MBA is worse than useless.)

> Given than many schools don't have accredited MBA programs,
> it's not surprising. They crank out the degrees, but do the
> recipients have the skills you expect, who knows. In the end it's
> the persons talent in whatever that matters. nancy

Sorry for not being clearer: There are people who say that
accredited MBA programs -- including those at the top-rated business
schools -- are worse than useless. Not that they don't teach skills,
but that some of the methods taught are wrong and much of what's
taught about using the rest is wrong.

--
Dan Goodman
"I have always depended on the kindness of stranglers."