Posted to rec.food.cooking
Food SnobŪ[_2_] Food SnobŪ[_2_] is offline

Default Electric Coffee Percolator?

On Aug 15, 7:39*pm, brooklyn1 > wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 16:20:12 -0700 (PDT), phaeton
>

> >*When I first moved out on my own I had a stovetop percolator that
> >made the worst coffee ever. *Maybe the water was bad or at 17 years
> >old I just didn't know how to make coffee, but it was always weak,
> >burnt tasting and acidic like i brewed it with vinegar instead of
> >water. *Yet every time anyone saw it on my stove or heard that I had
> >one they'd say "those make the BEST coffee you'll ever have".

Those are the same type of folks who think Bud Light is the best
beer. They aren't basing it on taste, though they think they are.
The percolator is probably what their mothers used. I loved my mother
too, but she made shitty coffee.

> I recently purchased a Farberware stovetop percolator for use in case
> of power outages, works wonderfully well. *A percolator requires a
> little more cleaning effort but makes a great cuppa and with less
> coffee. *Just bring up to temp, lower to a light perc and set a timer
> for seven minutes. *A percolater requires a bit more fussing than an
> ADC but I think it makes a better cuppa. *

And you accuse others of having TIAD.

--Bryan