Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Spaetzle maker questions

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>

> > Well, well, well. . . isn't *that* the kitty's pjs!! And to think that
> > I have an IKEA store 20 minutes from my home. I want to know how large
> > the large holes are.

> If that doesn't look workable, I bet IKEA has something else that would
> work.
>
> > This is the original one that Mom brought from her 1964 visit to
> > Czechoslovakia:
> > <http://www.azm.sk/eshop/index.php?ma...Path=2_24&prod
> > ucts_id=781> The holes are about 1/2" diameter; works a treat.
> >

> Cool! It looks very appropriate for the job .
>
> gloria p

<grin> I believe Mom brought back at least half a dozen of them for her
daughters in 1964. It was the struhadlo of choice among our family
there. What, you say? You mean they don't cut the batter from the
edge of the plate, the way *real* old country folks would? LOL! Not
so much. At least not by 1990 when I went. Cousin Maria has a noodle
cutter to attach to her breadboard and table. Not a pasta machine as I
know it‹hers doesn't roll the dough * she does that will a rolling pin *
but cuts it for making perfect rizanky (noodles) for soup. Well, hush
my mouf! And Cousin Ol'ga (who worked in food service for a girls'
school) used a dry mix for halushky: Add water, push through struhadlo,
cook and eat. Why, I liketa died!

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of