Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default TN: 4 good wines (Loire, Nahe, CdN, Rioja)

"Bi!!" > wrote in news:97af4d1a-c825-402f-8794-
:

> I've had plenty of Prado Enea over the years (most recently a 1985
> that was DOA) and find your experience to be similar but I never
> thought of it in terms of CdP...make sense.

My experience with Prado Enea (and Muga in general) is that they are not
built for the very long age.

A few years ago I purchased a pristine bottle of one of their first
vintages (early 70's) coming from the winery to one chain of high end food
shops. And it was barely correct.

Lately, I received a few bottles of Prado Enea from the 80's. They came
from a private cellar from someone that was advised not to drink anymore so
he sold his cellar full of mature Rioja and I was one of the parts in the
purchase.

Both bottles that I have opened were almost dead, unfortunately.

However, Prado Enea is usually very good when released and I like it that
way.