Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wilson[_3_] Wilson[_3_] is offline

Default Spaetzle maker questions

On 08/11/10 1:10 AM, sometime in the recent past isw posted this:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> My German great-grandmother just mixed the sticky batter up in a bowl, took
>> a butter knife and began to slowly pour the batter into the water. As soon
>> as a bit began to go over the edge of the bowl, she ran the knife along the
>> bowl edge and plop, that bit went into the rolling boiling water. Very
>> simple, very slick - no water dipping or extra kitchenry to gitter done.

> Now that is cute; I may give it a try. How big were the spaetzle she
> made that way?
>
> Isaac

They would be about 1.5" long and 1/4" to 1/2" wide. I loved them as is and
even better when fried up in butter. Unfortunately for me, they usually when
with a kidney stew which was more than I could take as a kid.

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3