Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Garlic shortage may be looming

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:06:26 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:
>
> Our store always has the source listed on the price sign. I only buy
> California garlic.

Lucky you! I haven't noticed sources posted for the garlic I buy...
most of it is blah so I'm thinking: It has to be Chinese. There was a
phase when it seemed like all the garlic I bought had little to no
taste, a green core and sprouted as soon as it could. Fresh garlic is
a little better now. At least it doesn't have a green core and sprout
immediately anymore - but it still isn't as strong as it should be.

--

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.