Posted to rec.food.preserving
Mimi[_2_] Mimi[_2_] is offline

Default Substituting Lime Juice for Lemon Juice

<snip> I always feel like I've wasted a lid that way because if I was
going to eat it right away, I'd just put a plastic screw lid on the
jar and stick it in the fridge. <snip>

I agree 100% with this (above) I too feel like, why waste a lid???
Hun Bun would open a new jar right away anyway, especially if it is
something we've run out of and I've just made...

I did a batch of blueberry jam a few weeks back with lime juice. I
was low on lemons--I use them everyday anyway for lemon water first
thing in the morning--blood type diet, I'm an "A". Anyway, my nephew
left a few limes here after a visit, he was using them for beer, I
think??? So, not to let them go to waste, I juiced them and stuck the
juice in the freezer. Worked out great, the jam is delish.